**UPDATE: The app decided to publish this post before I was finished with it. As I was writing, I began musing about the seeming frivolity of this post and what message I really hope to convey. Then, I guess the subway bumped a bit and maybe I hit publish without realizing it. And voila, my unfinished thoughts floated out into the world. Here’s where we begin.
It’s been a while since I posted about crocheting, but that doesn’t mean I haven’t been stitching away.
Unfortunately, I ran into some trouble recently. I was trying out a new pattern for a different style of baby blanket than I usually make. It is a double stand pattern, using two colors. I chose a cream and navy, which while still traditionally blue for the baby boy for whom it is intended, navy rather than baby boy blue changes it up a bit.
The pattern is easy, or so I thought, and I was moving along nicely. T wo skeins (of each color) in I laid it out to measure and decide on border options. And that’s when I noticed that the pattern wasn’t as easy as I thought. Stitches had been dropped and picked up rather randomly, abs the edges were a mess. There was no salvation for it. In the words of my mother-in-law, “Damn, I’ve got to rip it.”
Out it came. All four skeins. Which then had to be balled up again before I could begin anew. Lionel looked on in anticipation.